View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone!
Yup, i'll add the fargo to the list. There is one an hour a way that i could go check out in my size.
I'll try to find an ogre i can ride too.

I have to admit i am a sucker for a classic diamond frame, which is part of the draw, but... only part of it.

Seems like a lot of the weight on this bike, and the fargo is the wheels. Wooly's looks like it got a 7 or so lb diet from the stock build.

I have to say, wheel weight makes a ton of difference. Going tubeless on my surly ICT was night and day. It also was more comfortable, had more traction, and was just more articulate all around. I would of kept it if now for the weight (i got it down to 34ish lbs hah) and the wide q. I did overall love the ICT by the way, but it was really the Q that was the issue, after time it flared up an old knee injury, and every hour i rode the darn thing i would be limping for a day, and in pain for several. I tried tons of set up changes, and it had to be the Q, which makes sense with my injury as well. Riding my classic mtb does not flare my knee up.

I went ahead and got the bicycle quarterly back issue with the GM review, I was sold as they have an article and test related to Q factor testing a bunch of things as well.

I'll check out the lynskey. Thanks for the heads up! I love Ti, my main bike is my fishlips toxic tuna Ti and its fantastic. That is probably just out of my reach for just a frame without fork though... Or i can just take longer to gather and build the thing.

The trucker would be my cheapest option so far, since i have everything else to set it up... which is tempting, but...