View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 PM

I haven't rode a Gorilla Monsoon but I own a Space Horse and have rode the Long Haul Trucker back to back with the Space Horse when I was shopping.

The build on the Gorilla Monsoon looks more expensive than the Space Horse but they aren't that far apart. They have the same tubing it looks like but one bike is 700c and one is 650b/27.5" and the Monsoon has a setup for a dropper post. (I Can't imagine using that personally?)

In terms of sportiness the LHT will be the least sporty of the 3 bikes, I would suspect the Monsoon is the highest performance of the 3. I would say with the stock builds the Space Horse is significantly faster/sportier than the LHT. Keep in mind all of these bikes are QBP products.

If/when I manage to kill my Space Horse I'd definitely look at at the Gorilla Monsoon as a replacement. These bikes are built very tough though.

I would agree with the idea that these bikes are not built "lively". Mine feels like a tank.. they are built to take a lot of abuse and carry a lot of weight. The LHT even more so!

edit: Looks like the Gorilla Monsoon has vertical dropouts. IIRC so does the LHT. My Space Horse has a semi-horizontal one but they got rid of that on newer ones so I guess they're all the same. I've never for a minute felt like building it up single speed so that makes sense to me.

Last edited by benb; 08-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.