View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 08:38 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
I agree and i like your bicycle.

I use my traditional style rando for everything. I can see why people doing real organized events might want something faster though.
I love my “fake” rando bike ahah but its not a fast bike. I can immediately feel the difference going to my roadie. To me it does not matter though, its a very comfortable bike, the rando bike lets me carry a ton of stuff. It looks nice and its really fun to ride. I will say that I am bot surprised most of the bikes you see at events and the fastest bikes don’t look like a 1962 rene herse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeheller View Post
Here's a rando bike. Ian Hands on his cut and coupled fixed Gunnar Streetdog on PBP2019. Must have been outbound since he still looks fresh and doesn't have shermer's neck. After finishing in Charly Miller time (56 hours 40 minutes or faster), Ian took a nap, trained to Mortagne-au-Perche, and rode the last 121km into the finish (for a second time) with myself and a few others all while compensating for shermer's neck. Dude finished PBP twice in one year.
Good to see that he is not the typical 130lbs very skinny dude, that is impressive albeit a bit crazy