View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i humbly submit three items for consideration, though at least two will be difficult to find on the used market.

1) Steel Spectrum. There is a short but distinguished list, but i would venture to say that no one knows bicycle geometry better than TK.

2) Ritchey Road Logic. Sweet bicycles.

3) Serotta CSI. Often described as one of the finest steel semi-production bikes ever made.

There you have my suggestions, between Ben, Tom and Tom: there is a lot of expertise in putting together a bicycle there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
A stock 62cm CSi would be hard to beat although a C III or Couer d' Arce (was that the correct name for the steel model with carbon seat stays?) would all ride much the same.

Oh, also any Waterford/Gunnar in the right size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy man View Post
Never ridden #1 or #2 but it's hard to imagine steel riding any better than a Csi
A CSi, Spectrum, C-III, or CRL would all work - so would a Waterford or Paramount - but I'm afraid the CSi or Spectrum would probably be too nice to qualify as a tester. I kind of have the exact opposite requirements of most right now - I want something racy and for skinny tires, that's long/low - so maybe if one of those is out there it'll be going for less than the usual rate.. Jeff N's Bedford, for example, would be perfect if it was sized differently. I doubt I'll find something that modern that was built with a steel fork and built in long/low race geometry.