View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Threads in the axle damaged? cant even imagine how that could happen unless the arm was installed wrong from the start.

HAve a couple of questions, the new arm and the old arm can pair fine? asking because for some reason the threads in the old one died you know. Did you test the fit? maybe i got something lost in translation but i do not remember reading about the crank arm bolt being busted aswell...

I was you I would test fit just to rule out a bad crank bolt, if you cant screw that arm in the new arm then obviously the problem you have to fix to start is in the NDS crank arm 1st, and that could explain why the threads are busted in the old DS crankarm.

Assuming all is ok what you could do, is to remove the NDS bolt and then count the threads and use a caliper to figure it out what it is so you could buy a chaser to fix the busted crank arm. Easier to say than do it but is doable (internet is your friend)

THe other option but i never done it in something like yours, is to use thread files, they are files designed to fix threads.

Hope this helps.
This is the over torque system with 30mm axles. It does not have a bolt. Only one axle to the other side than the other arm goes on to the axles and the lock ring next that keeps it together.