View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
That looks to be in great shape. What are your plans for it? Mine is also red with yellow decals. I need to get it out and have another look at it. Can't remember if it has the seat tube decal or not.

Thanks, Oliver. The plan is to resto-mod the bike. I'll keep it as original as possible, with the exception of certain items. No value in vintage cables, right? (housing...???)

I will repaint the frame a period correct shade of silver add new / correct decals, deep clean / lightly polish the good parts, replace some the worn parts with correct NOS components. Maybe do some 'drillium' on the brake levers and chainrings.

I will likely sell the bike with two sets of wheels. I plan to keep the current tubular wheels original, but also build a NOS set of Nuovo Record hubs with period correct clinchers for someone who might actually want to ride the bike.

The bike is in great shape as-is, but I've never ridden it (too small), and it deserves to be restored to it's former glory and owned by someone who likes to ride / own vintage bikes. I'm mostly a full-sus MTB rider these days...

I will probably do a professional photo shoot of the bike afterwards for a keepsake, and a framed copy for the buyer.

Last edited by Kirk Pacenti; 05-24-2021 at 08:24 PM.