View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
Having grown up in rural VA I can totally understand and even embrace this. I guess I'm one of those misanthropes too by some of ya'll's judgmental posts here. We are all not the same and that certainly does not make anyone of us better than the other. Although that sentiment does not seem to be shared by all commenting here.

Is there a problem with respecting someone's privacy and their property?

Oh and for reference. I still have the scar on my shoulder from a hunter trespassing on our farm. Dumb ass heard me and shot in my direction without even identifying what he was shooting at. Luckily I just lust a check of meat off the point of my shoulder. And in earlier years we had one of our prized Tennessee Walking Horses shot and hobbled but another idiot trespassing to hunt on our farm.
It's not misanthropic at all to want your property to be respected. It's a bit misanthropic to get really angry at a one-day event occurring on public roads that you happen to live near.

I wasn't being judgmental toward people who prefer rural life, I just don't get the hostility toward "outsiders" that sometimes accompanies it. I don't get mad when rural people come into "my" city to buy groceries, go out to eat, shop, or work.

I'd wager no one on this board would trespass to hunt, but most of us would happily ride public roads away from where we live. I think the difference there is pretty clear.

Last edited by tommyrod74; 01-08-2024 at 08:09 PM.