View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlevy05 View Post
Debating between this and a gr300, anyone ridden a Helix Gravel and a GR250/270/300?

Or anyone ridden a road Helix and the R300 or similar?

I want a softer, compliant frame that soaks up the chatter and therefore swaying away from considering the Pro GR.

Lynskey's info on the Helix isn't so clear regarding how smooth a ride this is compared to standard shaped tubes...
Don’t discount the GR300 for what you are looking for. It is plenty compliant. I got one for my 120lb wife. I ride a GR Race, which is no longer made. It is essential the Pro GR with no fender mounts, 6/4 top tube, and shorter chain stays designed only for 1x. It is plenty compliant. I pair mine with a Lauf Grit SL fork and Lauf Smoothie bars, and it is supper comfortable on chatter, and I can fly downhill. You can also use wheels to enhance comfort. I am really impressed with the Flocycling G700s and the Spinergy GXX wheels. I got the Spinergy GXX wheels for my wife and she loves them. In fact, these may be my next gravel wheels: https://www.spinergy.com/products/gxx-s-powershift

The Helix tube set should perhaps be less compliant than the GR300 given the Helix tubing. The point of the Helix shaping is to make the tubing stiffer. But any good Ti bike should be nice.