View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
Heh, fair. It' s by Haydn, actually. Has been used/copied by many. I knida like it (and as an after-war-child i'm a bit allergic to explicit nationalism) for a german hymn, it is pleasantly un-bombastic.

yep, as they are the posterboys of the test-tube clubs.

I remebered a couple of one-club only songs. Schalke have the "Steigerlied" which is a miners song and refers to the clubs history, but a few other clubs located in mining areas use it as well. Bayerns Kurve recently added the "Europapokalmarsch" to their repertoire, as well as the "Wembleylied", both refer to the triple-winning season 2013.

come to think of it, it is easier to find abusive songs (sung by opponents supporters) that are dedicated to a specific club. We are the only club on earth to be told to drop our leather pants everywhere we go, for example
Certainly less bombastic than Zadok the Priest, written by another German (or does he count)? The Brits love it so much, that they play it at coronations of their kings and queens.

Of course, to those of us on this thread, we probably snicker a bit and think of the following when we hear it: "Die Meister, Die Besten, Les grandes équipes"