View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 07:15 PM

Before someone so generously gifted us with the article, all I could read was the title and it made me think of the first time I ever saw my mom ride a bike. My parents bought the cheapest pearl blue mixte bike they could find hoping she’d feel confident with the lower standover. I was on my red huffy, my dad was on an orange road bike the only sticker that I could read on it said R.O.C.. We were about ten minutes away from the house when she lit a cigarette. I looked over at her at the exact same time that she drifted off the road and into a ditch that ended at a culvert. Over the bars she went and our ride was cut short. The bike sat in the garage until me and a couple of teenage friends brought it to the woods where a lot of old bikes gave everything they had and were eventually left to the elements when they couldn’t give anymore. I wonder if it’s still rusting away wrapped up around what is surely a very large tree by now. I’ll have to check if I ever get back that way. Anyways thanks for the full article though I think I enjoyed the memories more!