View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 05:05 AM

I've been using Venture Heat glove liners for the past 2 years. First I tried their heated gloves - they worked but were clumsy and had limitations (as far as heating).

For whatever reason my hands/fingers are the only part of my body that can't take the cold. Maybe it's because they're out in front of your body in the wind and don't do much as far as movement, I'm sure it's mostly genetics, but I've ridden comfortably with the heated liners down to 1 degree (F not C). Only reason I didn't try lower was it never got any colder here.

The liners work perfectly. I put those on and then choose the glove I want over them. For the coldest days I have a pair of seirus mtn challenger gloves - they're soft shell gloves and have a lot of insulation but are quite flexible. There are 3 heat settings and my batteries are still going strong after 2 winters of use (about 3-4 days a week of riding). I've used them on rides in the 20's for over 4 hours on the medium setting.

I ended up picking up another pair and now have 2 sets of batteries. They're not that heavy (especially if it's cold and you're already loaded down with winter gear).

Whoever mentioned hand warmers - hand warmers suck inside gloves. Once there's no air circulation they hardly work at all. If anything use the toe warmers (this is from experience). BUT - they don't circulate the heat around your fingers and if it's that cold, eventually your fingers will start to freeze, especially if you have bloodflow/circulation issues.

These things work and I've had zero issues with 2 pairs.