View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohagen View Post
My wife uses Zanier heated gloves to ski. She calls them a game changer.

This is her second set of Zaniers. The first set was replaced under warranty when one of the gloves stopped heating. She’s used the second set for a few years. No major problems with that pair.

When we were in Basin Sports at Killington, we talked with the owner about heated gloves. He’s rotated through five different manufacturers, since all of them have had some durability issues with either the batteries or the heating units. Flexing the wires in the gloves, either when skiing or some other outdoor activity, is apparently not good for their lifespan.

When they work, heated gloves are great. However, durability seems to be an issue. At $300-400 a pair, they’re not cheap.
t

Exact same experience for my wife. Think we're 4-5 years into her Zaniers. The switch contacts in her first pair malfunctioned, which were replaced under warranty. No issues with the replacement pair. I think they would be bulky for cycling, but workable.

She tried a couple different brands of heated glove liners a few years before the Zaniers and they were total junk - not inexpensive ($100+) and very cheaply made. Wires in the liners broke within a few uses. No manufacturer/dealer support for those so $ wasted.

There weren't good options for battery heated gloves 5+ years ago but many of the women my wife skis with have recently started using heated gloves ($300-$500 range) and reliability is much better. Warranty support seems to be good for the various brands at higher price points so not a throw away item if problems develop.