View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 07:20 AM

I’ve ridden all the tires mentioned in this thread a bunch. The old pre-G+ Rubinos in 28 were my winter tire, and I don’t think I ever flatted one of those in many, many 1000s of winter miles. The G+ Rubino has always felt like a different tire to me — stickier, heavier, louder, more sluggish. I rode Open Pavés in 27 mm for years in all seasons and all kinds of roads, with both latex and butyl tubes, and liked them a lot, though they tended to be a ~1500 mile rear tire for me before they were cut up enough that I stopped trusting them. I used to flat the Pro 4 SC the most of any tire I’ve used, I think. Maybe Panaracer Gravelking slicks were about the same, but I took those on far more dirt roads and rode them many more miles than the Michelins. I did like the bonus width of the Michelins, and they had a pretty nice ride as I remember, though it’s been years since I’ve used one.

I wasn’t a fan of the first version of G+ Corsas. The tread seemed to pick up and trap so much road crud/glass shards in those narrow grooves, and they didn’t seem to have any of the durability Vittoria was touting with the Graphene compound. Haven’t tried the 2.0 models.

A friend always swore by Conti 4Ks. I never tried them. I did finally buy some 5Ks last fall, non-tubeless, and they have felt like some of the fastest tires I’ve ever ridden. With latex tubes, they’re also very comfortable. I did flat one of the 5K 32s on a dirt road in the Berkshires (right through the casing) though otherwise they’ve felt pretty durable.