View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:06 AM

* real name, Greg
* where do you live? Boulder County, CO
* explanation of your handle I used to dabble in NORBA sport class mountain biking in an effort to not reach my potential as a power forward
* explanation of your avatar There isn't one, as I don't have one, yet.
* age (general or specific) 37
* occupation Currently Unemployed
* favorite bike Cannondale, but its not a fair question
* what's in your stable? Cannondale 3.0 w/cool Headtube logo of train depot, 63cm c-c (66cm c-t), Cannondale Tandem 63.5cm/53.5cm, Cannondale M2000 22" MounTaiN BiKE, Giant XL OCR1 (too small to ride).
* what bike do you wish you had? Serotta or Zinn custom ti road bike with proportional wheels
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56mph on a tandem with 575lbs of rider weight on a 1" fork, pulling an 6 month old baby in a Chariot attached. The horrible hills around Dodgeville, WI were not a good time to find out that the Arai drag brake wasn't setup correctly after we had just mounted a brand new rear wheel with a Velocity Dyad rim. Bike shop used lightweight double butted keirin racing spokes that wouldn't have supported just me (and didn't after rebuilding) and hadn't seen very many tandem drag brakes. Very, very scary. I/we had no business towing our little guy. Someone was looking out for us that day as the wheel collapsed on one of the seemingly vertical climbs.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Do I get to double my mileage because I weigh twice as much as everyone else?
* picture of yourself or your ride? Like below, only a lot taller
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Is it true that you have managed to squeeze yourself into a set of Mercatone Uno team bibs?...Well, yes. Pantani was my favorite cyclist and I always wanted to be like him (as much as a 6'7" 375lb man can be). You'd be suprised how much lycra will stretch. To the point of almost being see through. Really I shouldn't wear 'em. Had to add a lot of lycra to the shoulder straps to make 'em long enough.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I love you. The one lie that should never be spoken.
* and, something fun. I just picked up a Mavic 870 triple front derailleur. Woo-Hoo 'tout Mavic' bike here we come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lampre.jpg (15.9 KB, 1111 views)