View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordanh View Post
Axle/BB standards
This is what makes me the most nervous. How long do you guys think 142x12mm lasts? I am paranoid SRAM comes up with some new crank/BB gravel standard that combines an outward offset spider/chain ring with a low Q arm profile. Or something. This would let them justify moving to boost in the rear, or some other new bull**** like 146x11.5mm GRVL BÜST.

I don't necessarily think there's a good reason to change 142x12mm, but that won't stop SRAM.

What do you guys think?
???
What's your beef with sram?
I dont know who developed boost, but it certainly wasn't for your gravel bike. Almost everything adopted by the gravel crowd has been pilfered from the mtb side. All these hydro brakes and boost hubs have been beta tested on trails where they serve an actual purpose. Then we hopped on that bandwagon when roads became a game of frogger.

Have fun with your custom because custom frames are fun when you get to play with all the different possibilities. But to design around what the future trends might be is going to prove fruitless. Spec the frame around the bike YOU want.