View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 10:54 AM

It's nothing here in MA. We have some billboards, that's it. I don't even see those really unless I take a road trip. Western MA where it's rural and conservative got on the legal weed train far more than Eastern MA AFAICT. Legalizing it was likely driven by the Eastern half of the state but the sales and businesses are dominated by the western half.

I think I see/smell less people smoking weed in public or in their car than I did before it was legal. People are doing it at home now not trying to hide it. I have a good nose for it when out biking and I definitely think I smell it less now. It might have gone up a teeny bit when it first got legalized but it's settled.

In my extended family it's the boomers that are the users. None of my siblings or cousins use it at all, my second cousin does but he's in his 50s, but we have a big holiday gathering or reunion and there will be about 1/3 of the Boomers get high and another 1/3 won't shut up about CBD even when their are kids running around. It's less obnoxious than in the past though when they'd get drunk and start a fight. Potheads don't start fights like drunks. This is literally the only time I run into it. I can go back to a college reunion and no one will be smoking pot. 20 years ago that same event would have been drenched in it.