View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM

I am no expert, but I think achieving a proper weight and being healthy are somewhat simple to achieve without being to regimented. I just am not very good at doing what I should be doing.

Basics:
1.Eating: Eat foods that are good for you in proper portion sizes. I don't believe in structured diets or counting calories. Eat good foods that you like - don't make it hard by eating things you don't enjoy. In the US portions are huge - it should be easy to cut back. Most fruits and vegetables have few calories.
2. Stretch: I have never been flexible so I don't even try. I need to start doing something.
3. Resistance Training: good at all ages
4. Aerobic Exercise: what ever is fun for you and at what ever level you enjoy. On this forum cycling is dominant, but it is good to do a variety of things.

What works for one person does not work for another. Get ideas from others but the program needs to fit your needs. Enjoy life and enjoy doing these basics. Don't worry or criticize what others are doing.

I know my body and where my weight needs to be, and I am going to get to that point this Spring.

Jeff