View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:59 AM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
If that happened to me, I dont think there would be pardoning "family". I would involve law enforcement. This person sounds unhinged. I am not sure what prompted this (jealousy/ did you deny them a personal loan or something?). However breaking and entering, vandalizing/destroying your property makes me worry about your family. Maybe the goal was destroying your stuff and doing you financial harm, but still, i would personally feel unsafe and that my home had been compromised. I would be asking what else someone so petty, vindictive and angry could be capable of.
I am sorry for this. I am not sure what you "owe" them to not report this to LE. From an outside perspective, it seems like their behavior went far beyond the level that should be pardoned for family.
Maybe the recognition here is that the person is suffering from a mental health crisis and some empathy may be better in the long run than trying to have them punished. Maybe what is owed is a chance for them to get healthy and not have more obstacles put in the way of a recovery. That is the sentiment that I am reading into the OP. All of us are harbouring the potential to become "unhinged" given the right set of circumstances.