View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
I use galvanized pipe, which is heavier than electrical conduit and has the threaded end. You can then screw the threaded end into a flange, which easily screws into the wall.

For the hook, I use the Park threaded bolt hook attached to a U bolt with a hole drilled into the washer. They Upside down U bolt hangs over the pipe and slides easily.

I put mine up a few years ago and it has world beautifully.

I'm away from my garage, but will take some pictures and post later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Here is my hook. I made the washer out of bar steel and painted it, but if the U bolt comes with a washer that will work just fine.

You can see the pipe if slides on. I fit three bikes on this easily and can slide one or two out to get to an inside bike easily.
Fantastic! Thanks Bradford. It looks like I'm on the right track. The threaded hooks will be ordered online since no one local seems to have them. Instead of a Ubolt, I'll use a 2 1/2 conduit hanger like the one pictured below which already has a bolt hole drilled and ready to rock. Add the threaded bike hook along with a couple of washers for reinforcement, nuts, and that should do it. I'll post pictures once it's done.

Texbike
Attached Images
File Type: gif conduit hanger.gif (30.7 KB, 1423 views)

Last edited by texbike; 05-07-2017 at 04:31 PM.