View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
What cable housing? Something slightly more stiff, such as Yokozuna housing, may work well in this application.

I understand your frustration with the replies going through your shop, and I have offered to write directly to Tommasini in Italian if you would like, but I strongly suspect that your shop has already correctly interpreted the reply...that is, Tommasini will not do an integrated jet vent + cable stop, for the same reasons that most if not all builders will not: it is impractical and cost-prohibitive to do so, since fittings do not exist.

To further underscore, I just now called Holland Cycles here in CA on your behalf, since they are masters of the jet vent.

Their reply was, "A jet vent with integrated cable stops, so that bare cable could be run through it? I have never seen it. I would never do it...too expensive to fabricate. I would never do it...it would be a routing nightmare. I would never do it...it would never be completely waterproof, which is a concern. So, no, I would never do it."

I think that sums it up, sorry.

Tommasini jet vent + stiff full-length housing is my suggestion.

Thanks again for that offer and now again for checking up on things! In the end i just dident want tommasini to get info of the same frame from 2 different sources. It would not have made it easier for them nor for the shop and aslo some work for you .)

I think it perhaps me that is not certain what actually constitutes the "jet vent" perhaps i used it wrongly previously i dunno.

I was asking Tommasini to use this (or at least thats what im hoping we asked, or similar solution). http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-...-FERRULES.html

And to integrate that into the part linked in the link that may or may not be identical to the part tommasini is allrdy using.

Perhaps its not big issue but i would hate to order it and then think it felt like an old bike in terms of mushy brake. It would bug me, i know myself, it just would. Im not a reasnoable person when it comes to things like this lol. But luckily i realize this so i try to tone it done unless im on this or similar board where i can speak my looney mind .)

Last edited by tuscanyswe; 03-19-2018 at 03:32 PM.