View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
Swapping rotors sounds like a pain, don't do that. Two rotors only cost $70-100. It won't change your disc centering concern either.

Just put the same size rotors on both sets of wheels. The pads will be fine. Disc pads last a long time and swapping wheels will not make a difference.

Because of 2 different hubs the disc may not line up perfectly in the caliper but there is a good chance it will. If it doesn't you can just center it for each ride, shim it with special made shims, or try to center the caliper somewhere in between to work with both wheelsets.

You're over thinking this.
This is where I am on this as well. I've got 3 bikes that spend at least 25% of their time on a second wheelset (gravel 650b/700c, FS trail bike 29er/27.5+, fattie 27.5 fat/29+) and every wheel has it's own rotor. The 29+ wheelset required a shim, all of the others fit fine with no rubbing.

No way I'd spend time swapping rotors every time I swap wheels. Check the tire pressure, a quick spin through the gears on the stand, buckle the helmet and go. If it takes 30 minutes to get out the door, chances are that I might find something else to do.

Last edited by Jaybee; 02-11-2019 at 12:59 PM.