View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
First questions are logistics I guess.
Did you train it from Paris or Brussels? We’re you able to ride to and from start/finish from you hotel? Did you make reservations for a place a year in advance? Remember the hotel where you stayed?
Looks like you got some rain? Bonus!
Thanks to all

PS, sorry, just reread your post about getting back to the start
I took the train from CDG in Paris to Lille, France. It was no problem. My hotel, which was the hotel that the head of the IMF would have orgies in just months prior, was in walking distance. Stay in Lille. FlashUNC got an AirBnB which was beautiful from the pictures when he did it.

I rode in 2015. It rained for the first 50 miles and there were strong headwinds for the last 50. I did not sleep the night before and was exhausted before starting. My average heart rate was 163bpm for the 104 mile ride. What I remember was I wore two pairs of gloves and I removed one pair and had to put them on because my hands were hurting. The headwinds were about the worst I experienced I remember going about 8mph on the carrefour just dying. Get a fast bike. Moderate aero wheels are your friend. Ride tubulars. Have thick bar tape.

Last edited by joosttx; 03-04-2021 at 10:45 PM.