Thread: MTB advice
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 AM

The headshock is serviceable as long as you don't need more than some o-rings for the dampning unit or air chamber - available in the plumbing dept at home depot or whatever. There was a plastic cap that was prone to breaking and tose are probably not available these days. If the fork is locked out and it still rattles around a little bit, that is the sign of a need for service. Hole in the fork boot is danger also. You should also slide the fork boot out of the way to make sure that the roller bearings didn't migrate, too. Scarily enough, I have the service tools for that thing. Neighbor brought an old cannonware over last year and he was dumbfounded when I pulled the fork apart and fixed it in less than a beer. Good times

Rear shock is what it is and proprietary for that design and probably no support. If someone has the lower seal laying around, that is about all you can do with it

One of those was my first full suspension mtb, rode the crap out of it. Way more servicable than many of its peers. About the only bike of that vintage that I would tell not to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction

Big plus, no CODA brakes. That was an experiment almost as damaging to cannonware as their ill-fated motorcycle