View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 01:40 PM

and Habanero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
IF employees had some ideological issues with Gary who bought them and moved them out of Somerville. Gary is gone and they are back in Mass, Shawn and Keith are the only folks I know of who remain. Changes are coming, and I know that they are currently too busy to have visitors so that’s a good thing.

In New England we still have FTW, Firefly, Chapman, Royal H, Commonwealth, 44, Pioneer Valley, Alex Meade, Parlee, Pratt Frame Works. And I’m sure more that we are forgetting.

Saila Cycles and Tomii both got their frame building start in NE, but relocated to Texas.
Just wanted to add that Habanero has moved from WAY west of the Mississippi back to it's eastern routes and is setup in Salem MA. We're looking to open a co-op so as to have a retail presence as well however that may take a bit as anyone in this area knows, good space is hard to come by. If anyone is in the North Shore and has ideas, we're all ears!

As a manufacturer, we've found a good, or maybe even amazing set of partners here including the newest member of the Habanero team who all have absolutely stellar qualifications and personalities. There is a bit less of a cooperative spirit among manufacturers and suppliers here, as noted by Wendy, the other half of Habanero, based on her experience being from Portland OR. We (Habanero) are 100% down to work with anyone, cooperate and graduate we believe.