View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 06:37 AM

Weigle, Wojcik, IF, Serotta, Fat City: End of an Era?

I can't help but notice that the number of bespoke framebuilders in the New England and upstate NY area have either slowed down, shuttered, or have otherwise had a limited amount of exposure in recent years.

Obviously, we have builders like No.22, RS, and Seven. But it seems like some of the "old guard" has fallen below the horizon a bit.

I posed a question to a local bike shop owner who owns a number of custom bikes, as well as specializes in custom-built bicycles/wheels:

What is going on with IF? (as I admire his hanging from the rafters of his small shop).

His answer was not what I expected. "[Indy Fab] just hasn't changed with the times."

And then I remember when Rusty Lion was in here trying to prop up Serotta. Seemed like all they were trying to do was change with the times.

But people have shifted attention away from this geographical area and focused more on west of the Mississippi.

Do we see a resurgence in the NE/NY scene; does IF get back on its feet? Is there anything to this other than people get older, torches get passed (pun intended)?

Last edited by carlucci1106; 01-28-2023 at 06:43 AM.