View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
So I imagine then that's the same thing that will happen here. And I guess since he was actually charged with at least something it would be even easier to win such a case.

The point I am making is that everyone is saying burn this guy in hell, and I get that, I'm a cyclist too who has been hit twice BTW, but if he didn't try to buzz the guy and bully him or worse actually try to hit him on purpose then this gets chalked up as an accident. It's not to say that accidents don't have fault, they do but (s)he that is without sin among us cast the first stone. I certainly don't consider myself perfect and God forbid if when one of my imperfections arise it's while I am driving a car and someone ends up dead.

Again the assumption here is that the guy just made a really stupid mistake. Riding a bike on the road is no different then a car or a motorcycle, there is a known risk and ALL people make mistakes. Why I'm in favor of self driving tech.
You opened a can of worms by using the term “accident.” I’ve learned here that there never are “accidents” when cyclists and autos are involved. Rather, there are “collisions” or “encounters.”

I’ve stopped arguing. **** does happen, and unless an act is intentional or amounts to gross negligence (reckless disregard for human life), there is no need to extract a pound of flesh by prosecuting criminally.