View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Holy crap. I thought this stuff only happened in movies. You know ... “Chopper...sick balls.”

In all sincerity, is “flight” the best scenario in this? I’m not a canine expert. Good to know for future reference...

Flight is only good if you can get a lead on the dogs!

I went out for a ride on Tuesday and as I was peddling uphill a large mixed breed Rott/Pit that was laying on a lawn decided he would get in the road and stand his ground.

I stopped and tried to settle him down as he was visibly upset with hair standing up and showing teeth as he paced back and forth. I stood my ground for a couple of minutes as he barked and growled. He then began to lunge at me! I was not about to get bit and had assumed at some point the owner would hear him aggressively barking at me and call him back, but that did not happen.

I waited for him to pace a little further away and I took off in the opposite direction back down hill! He didn’t give much of a chase.

On flat ground or if I had already had a good pace going I would have likely been able to outrun him. Adrenaline usually kicks in when there is a chase!

I have been chased by more than a few dogs around where I live, but if they get the drop on me then resistance futile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk