View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:03 PM

U
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStonebarger View Post
Simply not true.

In 2013 the VeloNews/Friction Facts study showed straight parrafin wax performing much better than any commercially available lube at the time. The same and subsequent studies have also shown that most additives to parrafin don't help it's performance, they hurt it.

Rationalize your own mixture however you want, but actual evidence to the contrary is out there.
You need to chill. I refer to THIS thread, not everything published in the last 6 years. If you have contradictory information, post it in a civilized manor. I post with the hope of helping others.

In the past, I've used other home brew lubes, like oil mixed with mineral spirits and I got good chain life from it, but it was extremely dirty. My current mixture of oil, paraffin and naptha is a huge improvement in cleanliness. I haven't used it long enough to get chain life data. Friction information showing 1 watt lower power consumption doesn't impress me.

Chain efficiency and chain life are not the same thing. MSW shows the same sort of result with their wax lube. I've never seen a test that included a clean, but totally dry chain in the comparison.

Last edited by Dave; 12-04-2019 at 07:09 PM.