Thread: OT: Dog Attack.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 05:13 PM

sorry to hear, nick. i hope your dog recovers soon.
same thing happenned in my household as well. our aussie pup was being walked by my wife. a pit bull charged out of his house via the open front door (destroying the closed screen door in the process). my pup ran like hell. but the pit bull got my wife real hard. the damn dog would not let go. makes sense. they were bred for that. the owner had to pull/drag the dog away. ER and stitches and all that.

sorry, i do not know what to tell you. all i do is keep a mental note of pit bulls and pit bull type dogs in my neighborhood. then i avoid those houses/streets.

speaking for myself, and myself only, i know many pit bulls are really sweet with their owners and even other people. but there are many pit bulls out there who are sweet with their owners BUT rage against other dogs and people!

my past neighbor had a pitbull. i was standing in my front yard when i saw the postman go to my neighbors front door to deliver the mail. out lunged the pitbull by destroying the screendoor. got the postman very hard. ambulance and police and animal control and all that.

i could go on and on with my anecdotes. they are all about aggressive pitbulls. now i do not trust any pitbull. yes, your pitbull might be sweet to you. but i am not going to take my chances finding out if it is sweet to me or not. way friendlier breeds out there to have as a pet.