View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Total Fred

We have one of those. FWIW...I've had a lot of issues with mine. A few things to look out for:

- Freehub: It's been known to lock up. Tell-tale sign is that the cranks will move as you're walking along with the bike. It will cause the chain to drop off the cranks constantly.

- Speed sensor: They've been known to fail. There's an error message you'll see and then motor cuts out.

- Back wheel: Mine broke a few spokes with normal use. Make sure it gets re-tensioned after some break-in time.

- Kickstand: The stock one is known to break suddenly. Don't let kids climb in without holding the bike.

- Battery not charging: Needed some software update for that, which the dealer handled.

- Chain wear: Expect to replace chain every 1,000 miles. You need to take two chains to make one, then keep excess length to make the next one.

- Motor seizing: There's some documented issues with water getting into the bearings in the motor housing that cause the motor to seize up. I had to get my motor warranty replaced at under 1,000 miles.

Tai