View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Vendor

Occupation: Specialty toy store owner-operator in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia the late fall-winter; bike shop owner-operator in the central/shore area of NJ in the spring, summer, and early fall.
Current bikes: Giant TCR SL 0 (stock build); Giant Revolt Advanced built w/Enve G23's and Ekar; Norco Section S steel frame, custom painted metallic pavo purple, Ekar, G23 wheels. In the process of building a Boomers bamboo bike with parts stripped from a Giant Revolt Advanced 2.
First bike I ever bought for myself: Specialized Sirrus.
First roadie-road bike: Jamis Xenith SL.
Gravel or road? Both, preferably in one ride.
What else do I do? Hooboy: Hiking. Kayaking. Photography (nothing fancy). Basketball. Inline skating. Reading. Writing. Playing point-and-click adventure games on the PC and writing reviews for them on Adventuregamehotspot.com . Arts and crafts. Dance Dance Revolution when the weather is not conducive to hiking, kayaking, or bike riding...or just for fun in the evenings. Playing with and reviewing toys, board games, and fun stuff in general (youtube.com/@playfavorites8) .
Best loop: Jeremiah Bishop's Alpine Loop Fondo --the 'Alpine' version.
Dream ride: Denali National Park Road, 2 day out and back. Waiting for the landslide at ~mile 50 to be cleared, so hopefully this will become a reality in 2024.
Next bike: The 2023 Giant Propel SL 0.
Current dream bike that is only a dream: I'd really like a posh, lightweight, performance oriented stainless (or not stainless) steel bike. Disc brakes, 35mm tire clearance. Snappy on pavement, capable and stable on dirt and gravel. In a beautiful color blocking paint job of purple, green, and sky blue.

The bike in the one picture is the custom Norco. The fella on my shirt in the other picture explains my username. Baron Blubba.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3151.jpg (150.0 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 4fb21e9d-5c7f-45a0-869a-8b1b7e2eb36a.jpg (76.7 KB, 240 views)