View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Ok just adding more details so you guys can help me with more details advice!

1. I have family in Japan so I always have a place to go back to. my brother's place is located in the middle of japan so the most I would spend on each direction is probably 5 - 10 days. then reset once i circle back to where he is.

2. won't be cooking outside carrying food etc, Japan is pretty populated and there is no rural area there. I can find restaurants even in their most "rural" areas.

3. thinking about carrying a bottle of deet and put a fk tons of them on at night and just sleep on a park bench or some, so won't be carrying a tent either. (someone please confirm if this is a good idea)

4. maybe 1 set of spear clothing or not at all, planning to dip myself in a creek or some whenever I need to and wash myself + my clothing all at once while looking like an idiot.

5. the same apply to Taiwan where i'm heading to the first few months.

6. Japan is so crowded so stuff like tire change, spare tubes sourcing won't be a problem at all.

7. considering the conditions above, as of right now things i'm planning to carry in a waist bag are: basic hygiene stuff, a few spare tubes, a co2 inflater, a tire lever, a few hex wrenches, some cash and card, my phone, a bottle of deet, a cable lock that's it!
Give it a whirl, it's your journey.

Eyes wide open.