View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisericd View Post

Also not decided on diesel vs. gas. Part of me thinks I'll be fine with the GMC gasser towing 12,000 pounds with a gooseneck, but I just don't know. There are a lot of videos out there claiming that the gassers are almost as good. I want to be safe with there horses. Exhaust braking is also a good thing with the diesels.
You're in hilly country?
The gassers are good, but make power differently and you'll be in upper rev ranges uphill. They do lack the compression braking, with 12k I'd be thinking about that.
I have family with Duramax and they love them. I'm ok with my Ford. My son has a Ram, and its a nice truck, very nice in fact, but my past experience with Dodge is that the interior fell apart. Maybe they fixed that, maybe not.
In Vermont I'd look into getting your brakelines protected somehow. I have a buddy in Pa who more or less makes a living replacing brake lines on 3-4 y/o trucks. The spray on chloride deicers the DOT's are using eat thru them like acid. Sucks to lose a brakeline with a loaded horsetrailer-happened to my lady with my truck and her bumperpull. No injuries but traumatic.