View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:49 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
So the 2016 Sportwagen was due for an oil change. First two done via coupons at the dealer with tire rotation = around $100 each time. This third time I called around to a few independents and was quoted anywhere from $99 to $170 for the same change and rotate. So I thought why not back to the dealer? All was cool at the dealer but I did get a phone call saying they inspected the air and cabin filters and thought they needed to be replaced. I said no cuz I thought to myself I might do those on my own.

I then did some googling and found those filters for $30 for both. Picked up the car and asked what the filters would have been at the dealer = $70 each. I guess they get ya on the parts.
Well, duh..I smashed into a pothole and killed a tire..Went to a Discount tire to get the same tire..no have..4WD, so to the dealer..$234 for the rather standard Conti tire..Kinda like buying a DA rear der at LBS vs online..yes?

BTW-My VW dealer, GREAT place, and often dealers get slammed for service but mine top notch..PLUS I have extended warranty so all the stuff thru 40k freebie..

AND these threads always elicit 'my POS VW'..so, I have owned 8 since about 1972(first a '61 Beetle)..latest a 2000 Beetle and 2017 Golf SW, 4 motion, 'S' model and during the years(4 of these were bought new) they have been fun, reliable, great cars..No not 'luxury', that's what Audi is for but I have had nothing other than routine maintenance..no big issues..except for little stuff, like a window motor in Beetle, never even any warranty stuff..

YMMV and all that..

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 03-13-2019 at 05:54 AM.