View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:54 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Oh, I understand now. I thought you were referring to C64 frames only. We read the numbers differently, that's all, but ending up in the same place. Apologies for misunderstanding.

I took the interview numbers ("We are still here making 5,000 frames in Italy") as meaning that Colnago fabricate 5,000 frames per year in Cambiago, but not necessarily selling those 5,000 only in ITA.

The only frames made in ITA now are Masters and C64s, and the question in this thread is, "How many C64 frames does Colnago make per year?", so I guessed at ~1,000 Masters + ~4,000 C64s (rather than the ~400 quoted in post #1), made in Cambiago, and then shipped and sold worldwide.

Adding the other ~10,000 (all the other models) frames made in Taiwan = ~15,000 total frames total, worldwide, all facilities, as you wrote.
no worries!

When i read the 5000 i talked about and the 15000 as well, i was amazed about the smallness of these total numbers, considering Colnago is among the biggest (italian) players, or at least names, in the market; i'm wildly guessing Pinarello and Bianchi (racing bikes only) may be in the same league, and the rest below that. (I wonder how those numbers rose with the growing market for high end road bikes in the east - i know Pegoretti, for example, had to put some sort of a quota on deliveries both to Taiwan and the US to remain able to serve his EU customer base)
The impression one could get when seeing the stacked showrooms of the boutique dealers certainly is different.

(Anyone has reliable numbers about the big players like Speci, Trek, or recently Canyon too ?)

5000 Units of such a highpriced product still makes for a good revenue, mind.

Last edited by martl; 06-22-2018 at 12:59 AM.