View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Sub-compact is the future for sure. Most people don’t need s 50 but could use a 32 or even a 30. I love my 48-32. I think that is about perfect. Just recently dis 45-34 and again, its actually really good for a round here. Rolling hills I can stay on the 46 all day long.

With cassettes getting bigger you can easily do 1:1 with a 34 small ring but I prefer having a smaller ring in the front and closer ratios in the back.

Can’t wait to see what shimano will have to offer. Makes sense they are the ones to do it. Sram is all invested in 1x and campy is more into racing stuff and I dont think pros will be going sub compact for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
Shimano is getting on board in the next three months, I can say no more in public.
I like what you mentioned about SRAM being 1x and Campy being racer oriented, but I have to add Shimano is feeling more responsive to the industry and retail trends. If that is a good or bad thing, I do not know, but I think it is at least a sensible business decision.

A non-mountain rear derailleur with a clutch that supports a front mech and this sub compact crank rumor are nice additions to the market.