View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the additional replies. I think I will stick with the Conti. 5000s in 28mm for this trip, since I will probably be riding more roads than trails.

I have been looking at the State DOT county maps looking for road options for riding between La Close and New Glarus via Spring Green and Mount Horeb, including a stop at the Grumpy Troll (the Uff Da Pretzel --image below -- looks interesting).

One option is just to use the River Trail along the Mississippi and then turn east at Bridgeport and go along the Wisconsin River to Spring Green and then on to New Glarus via Mt. Horeb, if I survive the Uff Da Pretzel).

A Second option is to leave La Crosse going toward Viroqua and then onto Spring Green. This is shorter, would take us mostly on State Route 14 and some county roads that are more bike friendly according to the DOT County Maps.

The trip is evolving as I look at the details. The plan is to stop riding in New Glarus and then drive on to Madison to meet relatives after a Brewer Game, then drive on to Wausau the next day and cycle from there to Lake Tomahawk.
Attached Images
File Type: png pretzel.png (30.9 KB, 72 views)