View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXLeader View Post
Well, the BOA cable broke on my CX238’s just this past Sunday. But I’m very surprised and happy that’s all that broke since I was hit by a car. Luckily I wasn’t hurt and the only damage was some car tire rub marks on my left chainstay and the broken BOA cable. A quick order placed with BOA and I’ll have the new BOA spool and cable by Wednesday.

Oh, and the damage to the car isn’t insignificant. My left arm shattered the drivers side mirror and left the mirror housing dangling by its wiring. There’s also a dent in his drivers side quarter panel from my left knee.

As to the OP, maybe get in touch with Lake and ask for a repair or replacement even as it’s out of warranty. All they can do is say yes or no. It’s worth the try.

Otherwise I’m very happy with the longevity and quality of all my Lake shoes. I have three pairs, road, mountain and a winter road boot. All have held up just fine through many thousand’s of miles and all types of weather.

YIKES! Hope you're ok. I've sent message via an account on the Lake Cycling website. I'm waiting for their response