View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinarelli View Post
I've seen a lot of deals for rim brake wheels recently so I got the bug to get a new wheelset. Currently, I am using Shamal Mille C15. Which I am very happy with.
I'm using rim brakes on roads or light gravel. So, no disk brakes. As far as clearance I'm using 28C vittoria tires on the C15 rims with no issue with the enve fork or the Campagnolo brakes. Going up to C17 or the wider belgium+ would I have to size down to the 25C tires?
First option is to get the same iShamal Mille C17 version.
The second is to get something hand built, like a Hed belgium+ with white industries T11 hubs, or CK hubs.
Third option is to get a second hand carbon wheelset, like zipp 303 or enve 3.4
Budget wise, would like to stay around $1K.
Anyone that has experience with either of these wheels I would love to hear your opinion. Thanks, in advance!

I’ve got the new Mille’s and they are great wheels. They feel like they will outlast me they seem so solid and are the best stopping rim brake bike I’ve had ( with the blue pads)

I’ve also got an older set of enve 3.4 with the non ses / dt Swiss 240s and they are the fastest wheels I own, but they don’t stop well at all, and even less so in the wet.

I’m also in the market for a new set for a new build and can’t decide what to try next.

Neutrons are my all time favorite so I’m tempted to just find out a decent set of those.

Good luck!