View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
Open pro is claimed 425g, mine were all heavier if you want to split hairs. American classic is out of business, as I'm sure you know. I'm not claiming any of these are "true" box section rims, I'm saying that I lump them all together under that category and won't build them with fewer spokes to save weight at the expense of reliability, as that was the aim of your original question.

I gather you like to argue on these posts, so you do whatever you want with whatever rim you want and let us know how it turns out. I won't build low spoke wheels with any of the rims above, ymmv.
Funny, I thought you were the one picking nits.

I have two pairs of XR-200 wheels in low spoke counts and saw and built a ton of Aeroheads as Crono wheels when I worked for the company that designed them - they were 24/28s.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to a low spoke count on a light rim, and it would be interesting to hear how you'd handle the questions posed in the thread instead of referring to box section rims that don't appear to exist and that no one builds in low spoke counts.

It sounds like you have a lot of wheelbuilding experience, so why don't we discuss how you would build wheels instead? You can pick whatever weight or spoke count you'd like to use as an example.

Last edited by Kontact; 05-06-2018 at 10:25 PM.