View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 03:29 PM

Yash, is that you? Gus here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta_hat View Post
1 - Ergon CF3 / Canyon VCLS 2.0. All the reviews are true, this thing is the real deal. Almost completely eliminates road buzz, and bit hits are dispersed incredibly well - better than even the 25.4 SAVE post. The only downside is that the post is flexy enough that you notice it when putting down the big watts, but otherwise I can't say enough great things. Have three of these now on my various rides. Also, because of the flex the post itself tends to get a bit more scarred at the clamp area, but that's to be expected since it flexes more and doesn't seem to really effect the structural integrity.

Never tried the Specialized CGR, but heard pretty good things about that as long as the weight and look doesn't scare you off.

So I have the Ergon CF3 on my steel DeSalvo, mostly out of curiosity and I'd say it works well, although that bike is already plenty of compliant. I have been playing around with my Zanc Road bike and managed to squeeze 30s Schwalbe S-Ones for some mix-terrain rides (impressive for a bike with chain stay with 410mm). I have been taking this bike off road to some on mixed terrain with some light gravel. Was thinking I could swap over the Ergon CF3 or go with smaller diameter seatpost to cushion the ride further. I think the Ergon will stay for winter but was thinking of going 25.4 and leave it for the rest of year. The eeSilk does look appealing for winter riding![/QUOTE]