View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 06:56 AM
aka RAEKWON

I think this looks great. Good for campy. Sure they are 2 years late but they imo arrived in great fashion. Group looks great (which considering I think 12 speed is one of the worst looking campy groups of probably all time), this looks great. Its modern but there is some class to it, I think the modern angular look and the crank is perfect for 1X.

Gear choices are great. Not only they did 9-36 which I think for some is more than enough but they also gave the market something bigger than 42 which I don't think is enough. I think 44 is great even though you loose the 9 but you keep tighter gaps probably so its worth it.

Not having to buy a new FH is fantastic. The BB is smart because a lot of destroyed BBs ridding in mud, some of these BBs were not designed to be dragged through that stuff.

I am impressed. Good for campy and hope they do well with this group.

Oh, the thumb button, it might be a bit too much but I would like to try it. I think I would prefer the old button but who knows. I have said it before though, the campy hydro system is my favorite of the 3, it brakes amazing and with the ergo hoods which are the most comfy (and no I have not tried GRX) it is just so nice.

Now. Give me a gravel 2x groupset because I don't want anything to do with 1x probably ever again (that said this group might make me re-consider at some point).