View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM100 View Post
"forces" is a bit strong, don't you think? Bet the decedent would disagree.

face it - it is inherently dangerous to ride with motorized vehicles made of tons of steel and operated by flawed human beings . . .

to some, that element of risk is why they ride the roads . . .
If a "dance with death" is motivation for any cyclist, I suspect the number is infinitesimally small as a percentage of riders. There are many other extreme options for an adrenalin rush and pushing the envelope.

All I expect when going out for a ride is that we'll all do our best to ride/drive with a reasonable degree of responsibility. Mistakes will always happen. I accept that by choosing to ride (or even drive) on the roads. What I don't accept is "intentional negligence", the limits of which is probably defined differently depending on the individual. I certainly don't expect to die every time I go out to ride ... if that was the case, there are MUPS and other options for staying away from motor vehicles that I would chose.

All roadway deaths are sobering and disturbing, but I still believe the "odds" are reasonable if riding defensively and following the rules of the road.

Thoughts and condolences to Romain's family.