View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000
I get Mac World magazine and there was a review of the iPod Touch in the latest issue. It is said to have not as nice (bright) a screen as the iPhone.

Anyway, why do you call the web browsing on the iPhone bad? Most people I have talked to rave about it? Gives real web pages, not wierd ones like on some smart phones. My limited use of the iPhone convinces me that it is the way to go for any other than strict business applications. They need to modify a few features, and I am sure they will, but I am an iPhone believer.
Agreed. I've had the iphone since July and still think it blows away anything I've every had or seen. I'm not a Mac faithful, or even a Mac owner, but needed a phone a little while after it came out. Now my wife and father both have them based on my experience and love it as well. The web browsing compared to any other handheld is night and day different. On a BB or Treo you'll spend 30 minutes just trying to get to this site for instance and then struggle if you want to post ( and we all know that is the most important activity of any day).

Is it a perfect device - no, and hence my first post. But Saab is right, that if they decided to make the email sync like the BB then it is the killer device. If you are daring you can add all sorts of cool stuff via the Jailbreak software and then it can have GPS, etc, etc. A friend has done this and if Apple would loosen its control the thing would be even more amazing. Completely customizable to do what you want.