View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

I started on a BMW R1150RT, then moved to an R1200GS-Adv. Lost the Adv in a divorce :cry so now I have a Husky TE250/450 out in the garage. 50-state road legal dirt bike! Woot!

Trick is neither of the engines it came with are running. I've got the smaller engine semi-apart on my workbench right now. PO sez 'no compression.' Hopefully, I won't need a new cylinder/piston. I'll probably need new cams tho.

Since its not running, I got it basically for free till I figure out whether I can get it running or not. To go get it, I tried to borrow a buddy's pickup. He backed out when he found out I was headed to TN (from NoVA). So what do you do?! Stick it in the back of a Mercedes! Pulled the forks and wheels off and drove it back. I probably could've fit another one in there, but that woulda been tight. I got an indicated 25-30mpg according to the car's display. Certainly better than a pickup would've gotten! In actuality, he did me a favor backing out of the deal. :nod

If I replaced the clutch in it, I could ride Dad's 'Wing. Not my style of bike, but... it'll tow the TE anywhere I need to go! Ride to the ride, switch bikes, ride the ride, ride home! Win! Now that I think about it.... maybe I'll get that clutch replaced before bicycle racing season really starts up. Ride to the races, race the race, ride home. Win s'more!

Hey Gone: you surf ADVRider at all?

M

Last edited by Gummee; 02-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.