View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
Day 1 of ekar I hated it. shifting was all over the place because I learned before day 2 it was setup incorrectly in every way possible from original purchase of the bike. it was so far off i couldn’t fix it easily on the street during the test ride, and didnt make it a mile before returning for my mountain bike to go ride trails instead.

Day 1 part 2; after setting things properly a 40 minute test ride in sweltering arizona heat and sun has me thinking ekar might just work.

Really like the ergonomics of the shifters, and while not in love with the thumb shifter at all it’ll work and maybe get more used to it over time.

The 9 42 cassette and 13s surprisingly makes a much smoother experience road riding at higher speeds with the single steps than the axs mullet 12s I had prior.

I basically got ekar for free including high spec parts in a new bike purchase. Glad it is working out!
Yeah, I wish that axs had cassettes with the thoughtful progression of Ekar cassettes. Even the xplr cassettes have awkward transitions compared to Ekar. Just due to the maths think it’s basically impossible to get more than 400% range and nice progressions with 12 cogs.

https://www.gear-calculator.com/?GR=...38,44&UF2=2170

Really hoping Campy releases Ekar WRL. They could even price it at red axs levels and it’ll be the top choice in gravel 1x due to their ergonomics, aesthetics and braking.