View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMPLE View Post
Hi all, I just put a pair of 30/32mm Specialized Roubaix Pro tubeless tires on my bike and I was wondering what kind of pressures people with a similar setup are using for tires this big? The biggest road tires I had before the big tires were a pair of 28mm Schwalbe Ones (clinchers with tubes), which I had at 70/75 psi front/rear. I had 26mm Mavics (tubeless) before the chubby tires, and had them at a similar pressure as the Schwalbe Ones. No problems with either setup.

So, I am onto bigger tires now! I want to take advantage of the plush ride and long distance comfort. I'm about 205 pounds (on a good day) and will be sticking to paved surfaces only, and typically ride 100+k on my longer rides. There are good roads around here for the most part. My question is this: how low can I go? How low SHOULD I go? Maybe 60/65 front/rear? Even lower?

Thanks!
Pump them up higher than you think they ought to be and with a tire gauge, go ride them and experiment. 'Feel' is 100% subjective. What 'feels great to one rider could feel awful to another..