View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
In celebration of all things bike, I present you a view of a happy odd couple pairing in the world of bikes.

NYC is not the most friendly bike city but it's getting better and it isn't all that bad really. I fold the Brompton and carry it into shops and stuff to do things I wanna do. I haven't been stopped, refused entry or been ejected from any establishment while carrying my folded up Brompton yet. Most view it more as a curiosity.

This is a great city with lots to like whilst on a bike although inattentiveness might get you squished - cabbies can get aggressive racing to nowhere and they are looking for their fare pickup instead of seeing pedestrians & bikes. Sometimes the food delivery guys are running the wrong way against traffic. Doesn't detract from smelling the flowers on a beautiful spring day even in NYC. On a bike anywhere south of 14th Street there are changes that can be seen and felt on the complexion of the city. Bikes used as far as the prevalence and use of bikes to get around, run errands and function as a part of life apart from the corrosive assault of car culture. That happening of more bikes is truly a welcome evolution.

The world looks better on two wheels.
Love this. My Brompton hangs out with my Lynskey all the time (also in NYC). They are good buddies, but can get a little competitive at times.

I agree 100% about the changes in the city. It's no Amersterdam, but is slowly improving in both infrastructure and mindset. Here's a shot of mine under my desk. Give me a shout if you see us out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (1).JPG (93.4 KB, 1217 views)