View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 09:52 PM

3T Exploro

I have a ton of miles on my 3T Exploro Ltd over the last year and it is a great bike. I came from nice custom steel w nice feel and this bike also has nice compliance but it is very light. I have 95% road miles and then 5% varying gravel. I have the very nice stock 3T fat aero carbon 700 wheels w GP 5K 700 x 32 that match the width of the rims very well. I switch to 3T 650 wheels w 650 x Donnely 47 for gravel. This is my first SRAM Etap electronic and hydraulic discs, and they are quite nice. I don't ride my other bikes much this last year. I run 2 x gearing which is great on the road. On wet muddy gravel the space between the small chainring and the frame is very tight. I had chain suck once on muddy slushy gravel. I think 1 x gearing is the way to go if you are planning lots of gravel riding, esp wet stuff. The new Exploro Max came out after I got my bike, and it looks even cooler. I searched and reviewed and thought the Exploro was high quality and a great design 1 year ago. There are more similar aero dual purpose bikes out since then but still 3T has a good record and great reviews.

Last edited by dmurphey; 05-10-2021 at 09:55 PM.