View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 07:37 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbgdh View Post
3 of my bikes are outfitted with Campy 10s but I’m looking to “upgrade” to 11s or 12s on at least one of my rigs through the next couple of months. There are no issues with my 10s gear...... just looking for some newer shifty bits and selling my 10s gear here on PL. A few questions:

- i know 11s cassettes work with no issue on any of my 10s FHB’s but is the same also true for 12s?
- most of my stuff right now is either Record or Chorus and I’d probably be sticking with the same on this upgrade. 12s so far has only been available as Record or SR but looking on the Campy website it looks like Chorus is also available as 12s now..... maybe that’s new recently?
- any experience on 12s versus 11s on functionality and longevity? I don’t swap components or upgrade a whole bunch so looking for something with a LONG life. the 10s stuff has been flawless in that department.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Haven't read the whole thread...apologies if dups.
-If the free hub body is 11s compatible, it's 12s compatible

-12s is SuperRecord/Record and Chorus..all introduced at the same time.

-Shift innards essentially the same as 11s..just new spool, shift disc...Function is identical to 11s, with another gear. NO shift springs to wear or break in 11s or 12s...that was often an issue with 10s..BUT, the 'future' for Campag is 12s..get 12s stuff.